104 West Street
P.O. Box 551
Annapolis, Maryland 21404-0551
Phone: (410) 263-5900 x1105
Fax: (410) 280-2230
Mr. Fisher is a Firm Shareholder whose practice concentrates on the defense of health care professionals in medical malpractice claims. Mr. Fisher’s litigation experience involves all phases of fact and expert discovery, motions practice, defending and deposing expert witnesses, and bench and jury trials in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. His practice also includes the representation of health care professionals before licensing and administrative boards. Mr. Fisher has also successfully briefed and argued appeals in the appellate courts of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
After graduating from Loyola University Maryland in 2002, Mr. Fisher attended the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he obtained his J.D. degree in 2005, with honors. Shortly after graduating law school, Mr. Fisher clerked for the Honorable Durke G. Thompson in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. After his clerkship, he worked for an insurance defense firm in Rockville, Maryland, primarily handling the defense of cases involving personal injury and construction defects. Mr. Fisher then became an Assistant Attorney General with the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit in the Maryland Office of the Attorney General prior to joining Wharton Levin in 2012.
Mr. Fisher is admitted to the Bars of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. In addition, Mr. Fisher is a member of the Maryland State Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, the Virginia State Bar, and the D.C. Defense Lawyers’ Association. He is an elected member of the Maryland chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. Fisher is AV® Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell.
- Maryland, 2005
- District of Columbia, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2007
- Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2014
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, 2005, J.D. (Honors: Cum Laude)
- Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, 2002, B.A. (Major: Political Science, Minor: Fine Arts)
Honors and Awards:
- Maryland Super Lawyers (2021 - present)
- Maryland Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2013 - 2020)
- DRI Exceptional Performance Citation (2017-2018)
- America's Most Honored Lawyers, American Registry (2022)
- America's Most Honored Professionals, American Registry (2016-2019)
- Top Attorneys: Maryland's Outstanding Young Lawyers, American Registry (2016-2018)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- D.C. Defense Lawyers Association, Past President (2017-2018)
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Virginia State Bar Association